Tuesday 13 March 2012

Adobe Illustrator trix - Garance Dore



ILLUSTRATOR CS5,PROJECTS

PROJECT #15: LIVE TRACING & THE PEN TOOL (ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR)




With each design I complete using the Pen Tool I learn so many new things and I think I amfinally beginning to feel comfortable with it.  I spent much more time on this project than I probably should have haha..

I love this drawing by Garance Dore:



& this is my version:



If only I could draw as fabulously as Garance… Mine is much more cartoon-ish.  To make my design I traced this image of myself by hand using the Pen Tool:



I adjusted certain features and then Live Traced the drawing to get the “photocopied” sort of look. I thought the pink lips were a cute addition!  To create the cursive text, I wrote “Practice Makes Perfect” on a piece of paper:



Then I used the Live Trace function to isolate my text & I changed the fill to improve the appearance.

So ready to work on something new, maybe it’s time for a new blog banner!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.
    Sign Writer Adelaide

    ReplyDelete